Thread: Hydraulics
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd1985
So when I start out driving my SVX after it has sat overnight or for an extended period of time, It jerks quite badly, like its shifting extremely hard. It is especially bad when it has been cold, or when I have been parked on a hill. However, after about a minute or two of driving, it goes away, and everything is fine. Im sure that its not the tranny, and I heard from someplace that the AWD system uses some type of hydraulics, and that it is just building up pressure before it is ready to go. But I geuss my question is, is it really hydraulics, or something else? And if it is hydraulics, then am I possibly doing damage to somehting by driving it before its built up the pressure? Its not just a cold weather thing either, it happened in the summer as well. Anyw knowledge you guys have would be appreciated.
The hard changing when its cold, could be from a dud oil temp sensor. When the oil is cold, the pressure will be higher, so TCU signals the A solenoid to lower the line pressure, to stop that sort of change, and to reduce the engine load. It will only set a code if it is open or shorted, but if its reading is off, you could get hard changing till the oil warms up.

Parking on a hill?,,,,,,,no idea.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.