View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 11:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to AnthraXFan Send a message via Yahoo to AnthraXFan
you are very correct on this one. I bought the car back in April 2002... Since then, mostly minor, one more major issue.
First off was a brake job June 2002. ($600)(front brakes complete, rear pads)
Feb 2003($450) one rear wheel bearing, allignment, tranny flush
July 2003($1300) Water pump, timing belt, 5 new pulleys(all melted due to overheat from lack of working water pump)
Sept 2003($400) 4 new tires
Still no work needing to be done yet, and it's a year later..i'm quite surprised

In all honestly, that's why I've been away...no problems with the car...i'm not very knowledgable about problems and how to fix them, so i'm rarely any help...

Quote:
Originally posted by UberRoo
"No news is good news." The opposite also holds true. The simple fact is, unless there's a problem, you don't hear about it. There's thousands of people out there driving SVXs who've never had a significant problem and thus, haven't found this forum while searching for a way to resolve it. I've no doubt that the considerably large membership on this forum is primarily composed of people who had a problem, asked about it, and have never returned. Few people actively participate unless there's a problem to gripe about - even many of the true enthusiasts.

I would say the SVX is somewhat worse than many other cars, but not so much worse that it would sway me from owning one. It has many positive qualities that outweigh the few deficiencies - and this forum does magnify those faults considerably.

Go to my Site!

http://www.railroadfan.com