View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
reliable

I would say this car is very reliable. You say you don't drive hard, so that makes the SVX perfect for you. If you just drive it normal and take care of the fluids, then it'll last a long time. The only major problem I've ever had (toasted tranny) was because I was stupid and brake torqued the heck out of it. My rotors are still good, engine is great, bearings are fine (Even with aftermarket wheels). My opinion is that the SVX is super reliable until you start getting all over it. Even then, it's still pretty reliable. So, find one that's in good shape, take care of it, and it'll take care of you. It's awsome in the snow!!

-Mat

Edit: I'm 6'4", and I drive from NM to AZ 2x every year, and I drive from NM to MI 1x every year with no problems. It's roomy enough, and comfy enough that I can drive 15hr days without much fatique in my body. My eyes get crazy tired, but the butt and back are fine. Oh yea, ladies, I said FINE!!
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me

Last edited by SVX10; 09-07-2004 at 11:25 AM.