View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 01:27 AM

Registered SVX
Semi-new to the forum... (Warning, noob questions enclosed)

Greetings and salutations to all.

As I've recently become re-intrigued by this unique vehicle, I figured I'd stop by here and pick the collective brains contained within.

Now... I'm certain answers to what I'm asking have been posted time and time again... However, after about 2 hours of surfing through the voluminous amounts of information here, I'm not seeing a specific thread in regards to a 'Buyer's Guide'...

I'm thinking about purchasing an SVX locally ('95... http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...or=&cardist=24)

In that vein, I was looking for something to give me an idea of what to look for to avoid costly repairs right off the bat.

However, I've read quite a bit within these pages that concerns me...

From what I've read here, these cars appear to be very high maintenance and rather unreliable with monthly cost of ownership quickly eclipsing the total cost of the vehicle.

Is this accurate? Or have I simply been reading the wrong threads?

As with most... I'm your typical working stiff and simply don't have $300+ a month to drop on repairs.

However, living in Wisconsin, I'm looking for something that's good in the snow, and preferably has some class. I'm not a hard driver; I'm not a performance driver. I'm simply a fan of handsome vehicles that can get me from point A to point B with occasional random wanderings to C and D as whim demands...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated... Tips on where to start for research, friendly advice... Anything.

I thank you for your time in advance...

--Wulf

(Edit: In addition, I'm curious as to how roomy the cockpit is.... This tends to be an issue for me with anything in the way of coupes being 6'2" . One of the things I truly loved about my DeLorean (R.I.P... Totalled by a drunk driver whilst parked in '98) is that it was designed by a man who was 6'5" and had more room than I knew what to do with.)

Last edited by Knightwulf; 09-04-2004 at 01:44 AM.