View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Unhappy

19 of 20....I can't believe I missed the car question! I used to stand in the back seat and tell Dad every car that passed in the early 50's. I was just lucky and guessed the one about memo paper.....I guess I missed out on some highs back then.
Maybe I was too busy washing the ink of those purple passion sheets off in the restroom. They were still in use when I first started teaching (replaced by the photocopier) but I think it was the duplicating fluid and not the ink that provided the odor. Those fluid bottles had skulls and crossbones all over them....one drink and you would go blind.

I sure remember those floor buttons for the headlights, but Dad's 55 Caddy had a "Magic Eye" that automatically dimmed for oncoming traffic too. The radio had a chrome bar over the dial that when pressed, made the dial pointer cruise up and down the dial for the next station. It had aircraft-style air conditioning vents in the headliner. What a car...

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 03-01-2004 at 05:31 PM.