View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 05:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rayford
police scanner interference

I am now getting interference on my scanner, I have had it in the car for well over a year with no problems but lately I get a lot of interference. It doesn't happen all the time but more often than not. The odd thing is, the engine doesn't have to be running to get that noise, if I have the ignition just on the acc. position it is fine but if I turn the key on to the run possition with the engine not running it does have the noise. I haven't gotten around to really checking it out. but I am wondering what is on during the time I have the key in the run position and not on in the acc. position? I doubt that anyone else has this problem as most people don't have scanners in their cars but maybe CB.s would have the same problem, I have switched scanners so that isn't that problem, I was thinking maybe the fuel pump, or the cooling fans but I really don't have any idea what is causing it, as it used to work just fine.
The only thing that might have something to do with it is once in a while if I don't let the car warm up it is kind of sluggish for only a few minutes and then it runs fine, and I don't know what is causing that either, the check engine light has only come on a couple of times briefly and not when it is being sluggish so I don't know if that has anything to do with the interference anyway. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to check it would be appreciated. Thanks. Vernon