View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 04:25 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
I really think our chocolate trannies would not take that kind of a pasting. [Or should that be licking?? ]

On the other hand, I have heard that big fuel dragsters and such with thousands of horsepower use automatics. So it must be possible to beef them up for a right pounding.

If I ever get the bread and time to do a blower upgrade, and I am thinking 350 hp would be nice without major chassis redesign, then I would get a beefed up tranny done by Level 10. They are prepared to guarantee horsepower capability. However, if I go to that expense, then I would be dumping our 4Eat [as in Eats money!!!] in favour of a newer 5speed auto out of the new Legacy 3.0 Outback, which has no Bloody Brake Band!!

That, I feel, would transform the SVX into a fast Grand Tourer, rather than "just" an exceptionally capable and comfortable one.

Joe
top fuelers use a clutch for first gear engagment and then a 6 pucked clutch that slowly lays down the power so they dont have to play with WOT, shifting is without the clutch from there on out as well. Whe i say slow its slow in terms of a 4 second 300mph dragster..so yeah
phil