View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 11:36 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Gecko coilovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
How many top shelf companies have made anything for the SVX?

And more importantly how many SVX's are dedicated Race Cars?

I bought Cekia (however it is spelled) when they first were introduced in 2012, I chose my spring rates and other choices I paid $1200ish I drive hard I corner harder and they still work great. Could they be better of course but I have what is available and it makes me happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton View Post
It's hard to take you seriously, dude. I mean, you are all over the place. Let me get this straight....

You understand this community and the overwhelming majority of people will not put a lot into their SVX (of course you have to take childish projections too)....yet you chastise people for using coilovers that are direct fit that are inexpensive. So you understand it or you don't understand it?

What you agree with is not relevant. What is reality is. These cars are often now gutted for their EG and thrown away. Who the **** is going to do the R&D to even design high-end coilovers for the SVX? Who are they going to sell them to? You? Do you know how marketing works? Do you understand demographics? You are *****ing about a product nobody is going to make for this car because there is no market for them. If it did exist then it would have been done if there was money to be made. That is how business works. I mean it took 16 months to even get a ****ing radiator for us and that is a product under $500. If you don't like Geckos, fine, but your reasoning about high end **** is absurd because it doesn't exist. If you were "in the game" so long and understood this community as well as you arrogantly seem to project you would know this. *****ing about expensive parts on cars a lot people pay for under a grand is not rational.

I can deal with arrogant people if they know what they are talking about. You literally have no idea what you are talking about when you complain about a product like this in lieu of something that doesn't exist on cars that are practically given away.
Yeah exactly I don't know of any company, top shelf or not, that will take an order for one set of coil overs, You have to get them some volume buying or your not getting anything