View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 01:29 PM

Re: Bruised and Beautiful

If I had a nice SVX, with a tuned-up engine, I would do the 'ferrari-like' or STI-like treatment on the engine. But a little darker red color than shown above, that is less tomato-colored.

Red center cover and TB cover, much like shown above. Maybe with the ridges striped in aluminum silver. If I really wanted to go overboard... a red powder coated alternator case, to extend the red all the way to the front of the engine.

The intake manifolds degreased and painted/powdercoated in cast-aluminum silver (for brightness and uniformity), with the ridges striped with red. Probably phenolic-spacer installed to keep the temperature in check for engine performance (less intake air heat soak from the manifold conducting heat up from the heads) and thermal protection for the finish.

Valve covers painted or powder coated red, with the ridges machined back to silver.

Maybe the timing covers and belt cover painted in a metallic medium gray or silver, perhaps, with a red anodized aluminum crank pulley. Red timing covers might be ok, but might be a bit too much.

If I ever build a modified Fiero chassis, or other mid-engined kit car, with a boxer engine transplant, I want to use an EG33, and I would probably finish it like that. A tuned EG33 backed by a 2010+ Legacy GT cable-shifted 6MT, converted to lateral output only, with the center diff removed, and capped off, and an LSD in the 'front' diff position. Maybe with twin turbos and intercoolers, laid out similarly to the 288 GTO. 330 Berlinetta Boxer, or 330BB, with Giugiaro styling, like a mix between Merak, Bora, and DeLorean DMC12.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 03-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.