Thread: It's Alive!!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 07:16 PM

JDM vs my setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohopirates
Here is what I needed to replace my USDM motor with my low mileage JDM motor.

1. Gaskets between the intake manifold and fuel rails.
The reason- is the JDM intake does not have the barb for the vacumn line on the passenger side rear near the top of the manifold.

I don't understand this. Why would you need to replace gaskets, if there is no barb? I'm assuming this is the connection to the EGR which sounds like it was deleted in the JDM. Couldn't you use your old intake manifold?

2. Exhaust manifold gaskets- you need to replace the passenger side exhaust mainfold because the JDM does not have the connection for the EGR valve.

So there is no EGR on the JDM? Thats cool I already ripped mine out. Couln't you use your old manifold and gasket?

3. All small heater hoses- It's easier to do them now rather than later.

What do you mean? The heater lines are smaller? What about the hose barbs?

4. All vacumn lines under manifold- impossible to change without removing manifold, very cheap do it...do it!

I have already done this, and would stick with my modified intake setup. Do you know if the intakes match up?

5. The power steering hose that connects to the rear of the engine, mine was just beat to heck and I had to wait a few days to get it.

I had to rerun this due to a conflict with the turbo location. Are the connections different on the JDM. I know that the OEM line runs over the block. Is it different in the JDM?

After I get my car to my new house I will get pictures of the items I am talking about if anyone wants them. Steve

Thanks. It sounds like I'm ready for a JDM engine when mine goes belly up. I checked that website but they don't have one in stock now. How much did you pay for yours? I may put in my order soon.