Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSVX View Post
I have that unit ... as well.
The only complaint I have is that, unless I am missing something, power goes to the antenna when any source is selected even if you aren't listening to the radio.
Many HUs, including the AVH-P3300BT, only have one wire for both speaker amp remote turn-on and power antenna control. So it has to activate that lead the entire time the HU is on. Other HUs have a separate control lead for the power antenna, which works the way you would like.

You may also be able to install the European OEM antenna control switch. See this post. The button can be also installed in the similar opening below the shift lever. Added: USDM cars won't have the wiring for it, of course, but it's a nice, stock switch that actually has the correct label for what you want it to do. If someone can get the part number, you should be able to order it from avoJDM or JapanParts.

To find the method to avoid needing to connect to the parking brake switch, Google "parking brake bypass" with your HU's model number.

Last edited by SVXdc; 04-03-2011 at 11:28 PM.