View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Reading ELEVEN raffle: OOPS!

I am making an apology for the folllowing oversight on my part at the Reading raffle.

SVXdc sent the wiring harness to the Reading with another member to be given away. There was a problem that occurred and that did not happen.

As you know, because of the weather, we had to do many activities differently Wewere given an area indoors by the hotel for the raffle and the raffle items were spread out on tables provided by the hotel. Many members brought their items at the last minute and put them on the tables. Not as organized as it should have been.

During setup of the accumulated parts, David's harness was accidentally knocked off of the table, landing between two tables. No one, not even I, noticed it had fallen and was not there.

Long after the raffle was over, while I was moving tables back to their original configuration and cleaning up, I saw it lying on the floor.

I am very sorry this happened and take full responsibility. I should have remembered it was entrusted to me and I should have noticed it was not on the table and remembered.

I never had to coordinate and hold the raffle (that usually being done by TomsSVX and Earl)as I am always having other things to attend to.

The setup was impromptu, last-minute, and the raffle started late. Without the normal cooperation from other members, confusion and oversight results and things like this occasionally happen.

I have already sent SVXdc a PM and expressed my sincere apologies and appreciation for his donation to the Network. I will let him make the decision to either return the harness to him or save it and donate it next year.

Not the most organized of Readings, but this should not have happened. I usually remember these things.

John

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .