Thread: Trans resistor
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 06:07 PM

Re: Trans resistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Keith,
Your words. “I put one on my car and it ruined my transmission. Causes rougher shifting and that is not a good thing.”

I now gather that you meant to say, “I put one on my car and it ruined the way my transmission shifted. Causes rougher shifting and that is not a good thing.”
Maybe "ruined the way my transmission shifted"could be better translated as...

Rough shifting...
soon with the rougher shifting, the transmission started slipping and the car stopped its forward motion...
I called AAA... (all SVX owners are members of AAA)
One hour later they showed up and my SVX was towed to the local Subaru dealer...
I told the dealer that my car "wouldn't go".
They didn't say... "prove it buddy"
The Dealer simply ordered me a Rebuilt Subaru transmission...
provided me with a new Subaru loaner...

About a week later I brought them $4,000.00, gave back the loaner, and drove my SVX home, minus that smallcar kit and my $4,000.00

Sorry, but if you compare the people that research and develop the systems in these cars with the group on this form, you might find that the research and development folks, that group of people, are a bit farther up on the scale of evolution than the "know it all folk" is on this form.

That is not to say that there is not a wealth of valuable information to be acquired on this form. I am so thankful for each person that is willing to step out and provide information that they believe could be useful to others.

Maybe it is just me, but most everything I have learned in my lifetime I have had to be helped by others... people that were willing to unselfishly take me under their wing and spend their valuable time trying to, in some instances, attempting to get the information to "soak into my skull"

If I see that a flood has washed out a bridge, and I know you are headed down that road unaware of the impending disaster... even though Trevor would challenge me for warning you before I had positive scientific proof that the flood actually caused it... I would warn you anyway.

But that is just me...

Keith

Last edited by kwren; 04-20-2010 at 06:10 PM.