View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Buell: Ceasing Production

Hmmm. I have exactly 7 plastic parts on my Honda, vinyl seat, 2 seat covers, a tach and a speedo and 2 cable sleaves. Sure is alot huh? I have 10 or so "friends" who work at the plant in York who will likely loose their jobs if Harley's cost cutting measures take place, even if they did come out with a reasonable weighted XR I'd be hard pressed ever to take a test ride which when I looked at the XR it had more than 7 plastic bits on it. Plastic I can deal with so long as it is durable and lasts, chrome is a horrible crash protector anyway you look at it on a bike. I'd rather be able to avoid that accident then have a 700 bike lying onto of me wouldn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight'sSVX View Post
I disagree, I've had jap bikes, A Road king and a Buell. I've worked and customized my bikes So i can tell a huge difference between parts on metric and harleys.(generally metrics/ jap bikes are lighter cause they use a lot of plastic parts) Now I have the Vrod...best bike Harley (and Porsche) ever built IMHO.