View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 02:50 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlesnz
I believe it is based on a Mitsubishi system not a Nissan one.

Nissan's HICAS is a hydraulic 4WS system while their Super HICAS uses an electronic actuator to move the rear steering rack. Super HICAS initially steers the rear wheels in the opposite direction to the front and then changes to the same direction.
Thanks Paddles, now a while since we met.

I was hoping you would chime in here. This network has everything, even a Kiwi fluent in Japanese.

I have some text in Japanese writing describing the system, which I believe was copied off a web site 6/7 years back. It includes several illustrations and you may know of it. It would appear to constitute an advertising screed so may not include much technical data.

A local guy who I have lost touch with, sorted out trouble he had with the electronics in his own 4WS SVX and I have some info. You are correct in that all indicates a Mitsibishi system. The actuating electric motor is a Mitsibishi Electric Type 4WS - 88141PA000. The controller mounted in the boot/trunk, is a Mitsibishi Electric Type 4WS - 88121PA00 and switches the motor via a 45 amp rated FET which is stall current protected. N.B. The controller is permanently activated and therefore a fault could result in a flat battery.

Cheers, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!