Thread: cutting out
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfreak1
My situation is different. My motor completely shuts off like the ignition or fuel pump just dies. I don't notice it doing it while cruising, but while accelerating it will completely just cut out for a second and then go again. When idling it will just shut off. I've had it stumble and shut off and I've had it just shut right off. It seems electrical cause I can kind of make it do it when idling by flipping my headlights on sometimes. It's not a constant thing, as I just drove it a little while ago and it was perfectly fine. I have no smoking at all. I do still feel it's probally the MAF though from past experience. I'll clean it tomorrow and see how it goes. If anyone else has some ideas, post them up.
You might want to check over your wiring harness to make sure you don't have a cracked wire that is shorting out due to vibration. I'd sugggest you start with the harness over to the alternator and then move back to the fuse box and then to the ECU. You might also want to check all of your ground wires to make sure they're actually providing a constant ground.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker