View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
Just a quick question for ya Mike. Sometimes when I hit WOT in first and second my car seems to buck. i have a feeling it is because I am pulling too much air and maxing out the MAF. Is this possible for a car with few mods like mine?

Tom

You are running a manual transmission so if you are refering to high rpms then yes it is completely possible. If you are referring to low rpms then no. I have not done any personal experimentation/logging/measuring the mass air flow readings on a stock svx. I only know about the software and hardware but I don't know about the airflow on the stock svx from personal experience. This was never needed information for me and this project developed after I no longer had a stock svx on hand to make measurements on in order to give you information to work with. I know the mass air meter maxes out somewhere right around the max output of a stock svx engine but not exactly where. The plots Mychailo posted indicate that the meter is also wildly inaccurate at high airlfows if his log is accurate and his specific case is the case in general then whether you are actually at the max reading on the meter or in the wildly inaccurate reading area of the meter then the maf reading should be suspect for any problems you are running into.