Thread: SVX Checkup
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 08:24 PM
alacrity024

Factory Service Manuals are (in my opinion) wonderfully written and construted.. get your hands on a set specific to your year car and you'll never look back.

I can't believe they want five hundred bucks to replace that axle.. I'll tell you what.. you send me five hundred bucks, I'll buy two left-front axles (I need one too), I'll drive down from New Hampshire to Atlanta, show you how to do it on my car, and help you do yours... five hundred bucks.. geeze...

the window switch unit is super easy.. just pop your door panel off and replace the old unit with the new one.. it's just a hundred-dollar part.. asamatteroffact, I need the same thing on my car, so again, buy two and i'll help you put yours in

rotors are actually EASIER to replace than pads.. it's getting the caliper off that's "tricky" (hint: it really isn't).. pads are actually a little tough to get in and out of their seats.. I sat swearing at a set for a good half hour, but i'd never changed pads before in my life.. i'm sure it'd be easier now.

now here's an idea for a business.. traveling SVX repairman.. will work for beer, gas money and parts! too bad I can't do trannies........... we should put together a dream team!

-Adam