View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Supercharged Timing Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
When the engine blew - big end or piston ring? Thanks for the info mate

Tony, this is why I said turbo's are a far better option powerwise - although ease of install for turbo sucks!! For interest sake, 12psi GT35R turbo is about 400 hp atw up top, supercharger seems to be about 250 hp atw. At 2500 rpm they're at 130 hp @ 3-4 psi... 30 horses more than the supercharger. I don't have a dyno showing anything under 2500 rpm - maybe this is where the supercharger might be better?!
I edited my previous post another time. Ringlands on #5 were the problem. A lot of it had to do with the tune however 12psi did prove to be the limits of a stock engine. Tom's car was able to do a 1/4 mile in 12.99 on 9psi on the hydra. He never dyno'd the car after switching to the hydra. This was on a stock 200k+mile engine as were the other engines he "blew up". After that, he went to the 12psi pulley with meth injection as well as making his own custom manifold. The Ecutune manifold is nice for the fact that it can (barely) fit under the stock hood, and keeps everything else (minus the alternator) in stock locations. But I know that Tom's ecutune manifold "leaked" and the design is definitely not the best for proper air flow.