View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:22 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: They said it couldn't be done... [ before & after ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
I would have parted that one out but, having a son that went through automotive tech school and worked similar miracles in some of the most incredible shop set-ups, if anyone out there has a tech school close to them, go for it. Like Subix said, not perfect but a new life that can be enjoyed.
Gene
I think most people are too quick to pull the "I'd part it out..." trigger, instead of finding options in having it repaired but then again to most people it's just a car... that or they have enough disposable income and can buy another $3k+ SVX at the drop of a hat so it's just an easier option. In about 5 years, I'm guessing the SVX market will dwindle down near to nothing and prices will slowly climb because they'll actually be increasingly difficult to find. You know, currently they're a dime a dozen on craigslist if you're willing to travel but that's going to change in a rather short period of time. I'd bet to say even as soon as 2-3 years you'll see less and less being listed that's not complete junk and as they are, prices will rise.

They seemed to really dig the car and one said "looks like a DeLorean" and none of them initially knew what it was and was surprised to learn that it was a Subaru.