View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 AM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SVX with TopGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboy View Post
I've only seen an episode or two of TGUS and can't say it was very impressive. Is the show actually followed in the US? Do they do anything but destroy cars, crack ill founded jokes and let people drive around teh track?

I'm not saying it's bad for everyone, it's in the eye of the beholder
Everyone complains that it's not like the British version but in my opinion, that is perfectly fine. What is the point of having an exact replica/mirrored show only in different countries anyway... that would be rather pointless. I've DVRd the last two seasons and it's something I enjoy because it's mostly funny and the girlfriend doesn't mind watching it either and finds herself cracking up just as much which is always good. It's not for the hardcore and the entire family can watch it. Some will say that is the problem in itself but whatever.

If you wanted serious then yes, you've come to the wrong place or show. I was always happy to see it sitting there on my DVR when I got home from work or whatever because its stupidity and odd humor is something different to check out... it's something I can just relax with and literally just laugh out loud more often than not. There has been an episode or two that I didn't really care for but generally it's entertaining. Give it another chance.