View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Tranny cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxthc View Post
I deeply regret not installing a tranny cooler from the start. The question is not if your tranny will go but when...remember that. Learn from my ignorance, the 100$ you spend on a T.C. will postpone that $3,000 bill you'll be faced to make amends with by a number of miles I can't state exactly but will nonetheless be worth it because your tranny will die prematurely because the SVX has an inadequate tranny and inadequate cooling. If you used the semi manual auto 1-2-3 shifter you can bet on it burning even faster. Think of how heavy the car is and how weak the tranny is. The least you can do is assist in cooling. That's my 300,000 cents.
I dont recall ever hearing that the transmission was "weak", just the overheating part. And please correct me if im wrong, but I have heard driving around town with the selector in "3" is actually better for the transmission by reducing the gear load.... am I just misinformed

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.