View Single Post
Old 05-08-2002, 01:27 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Good Idea

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
I like the sound database Idea. That'd be a great help sometimes, i'm sure. To record mine, I did one with my laptop sitting under the car about 1' and the one I posted, I had my laptop sitting in my lap and a plugged in microphone sitting about 5" away from the cat. Real easy. If anybody wants any recordings of anything, lemme know and I'll do it. I don't know how to compress to MP3 form, though.
Mat, you need a program called dBpowerAMP Music Converter. It's real slick and will convert WAVs into MP3s. It also rips and converts an entire CD in about ten minutes. I will, however, be happy to convert this one and include it as the first in my 'collection' of SVX sounds. Once we get an actual diagnosis on your noise, I'll include it as the symptom.

I actually didn't even realize that you started the thread. The sound I think is an exhaust leak is probably your aftermarket exhaust.

Listening to the file again, I now hear the rattle. Jeez, it could be anything. Try getting under the car and tapping on things with a screwdriver or (small) wrench until you find the same noise. It's not a high-tech solution, but one that's worked for me before.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 05-08-2002 at 01:29 PM.