Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Wood stove link recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Good call Jerry

I sure do envy you having such a cheap resource on your doorstep. I have to pay for mine.

However I don't begrudge the guy the cost of the timber, it's great value. We are heating the house with sustainable energy, I cut way back on imported oil, plus we get a lovely fire in the living room.

Win/win/win, if I may coin a phrase.

Joe

I 'wacked' 5 more trees today!! 2 to get them out of the way, 2 that were threatening to kill a house and 1 just for the fun of it!

I got a call from the guy that I cut for last week. He said that his neighbor had 2 trees that needed cut. I went, I estimated, I came back and WACKED!!

The trees were on his neighbor, but were aiming to smack the back of his house down. She decided that they should go NOW!!
I had to take out 2 small trees so the big ones would not be deflected.
I showed up with the Husky, 100 ft of really strong rope, an Outback and a snatch-block. I chained the snatch-block to a walnut tree, threaded the rope through it, hooked it to the Outback and dropped the tree about 30 ft from the house that it wanted to kill. I cleaned up the mess and tied off the other tree to the Outback. It fell on the sawdust from the first tree!

I wacked it to firewood size, gathered up my toys and rolled on.

I collected $$$$$$ and the firewood went to the woman that paid the bill. The guy that owned the house that was threatened hauled the wood to her house.

Next, I went to OT's house. I noticed that his 'dog' tying tree was not well. Since he needed firewood for the Pumpkin Carve meet, had a tree that might fall on the participants and my saw was warmed up, I wacked his tree too!! I cut it to campfire size pieces and left it for him to stack. N/C!!

I started at 8:45 on monday and was in the shower by 1:30!!
I had $150. to show for the morning and didn't have to haul any wood anywere! What a CONCEPT!!!

I'm feeling a little chilly, I might have to throw a few sticks into the woodburner......

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry