View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 11:14 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: More Power Light

Quote:
Originally posted by Warren C

Should be a simple answer but God is this difficult!

Warren
Were you not reading all the replies?

Quote:
I said

I have a good feeling that that is the case. Your alternator may be dying. You will see one light then one day, you might see many. But then again, you may not.

The only time power light should light up is at the following times:

When you start the engine, it will light up then dies.

If TCU sees error codes while car is starting, it will blink.

If you slam on the gas going at a certain speed, it will light up while the gas padel is down (aka power mode -- your car downshifts and you seem to get increase of power).

If it lights up anytime in betwee, it could be an error with TCU or your alternator dying. I may be wrong. Alternator dying normally shows up as multiple lights coming on like a christmas tree.

Quote:
Mark said

Belt's either badly worn or too loose. BTW- new belts will usually have to be re-tightened after a few days or so, because the belt has stretched after initial installations. Just had to do it again on my daughter-in-law's (wife's former) Outback after replacing the belts.
want us to come fix the problem?
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!