View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 08:30 PM
fl_svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_slayer
Already my day is off to a bad start. I woke up and took my girlfriend to work. I left and went next door to the smoke shop to pick up cigarettes and a Pepsi. I parked outside the smoke shop, went in made my purchases, and left. As soon as I open the door, I see this guy in a full size Ford truck trying to shimmy into the space next to me. I kinda laugh at the scene and when he accepts the fact that he ain't fitting in that spot, backs out in search of another spot. On his withdrawl from said parking spot, I see my car rock a little. My jaw hit the asphalt when I saw his bumper drag down the side of my car near the taillights and bumper. I walk over and I get his name, phone number, and plates. I would have asked for proof of insurance, but he didn't speak the greatest of English and getting his name and number was a task in and of itself. So I trek home and call Johnny Law and they tell me that I will have to file a Lost Encounter report Monday.

My last SVX seemed as though damage was a normal thing, and the trend seems to continue. Anyone else get the feeling that the SVX just wasn't meant to be 100% cosmetically beautiful unless sitting on a dealer lot with 0 miles?

Keith
Yesterday I was parking at the Post Office and I opened my door to get, after looking for traffic of course. I am a little paranoid. Well just as the door reached it's limits a Little Chevy SUV rolled in, not careful mind you, barged right in. Had I not grabbed my door in the nick of time, I would have a serious door/frame issue to resolve. It was a woman, blonde I guess..all-natural, I guess, completely indifferent to what was going on, of course she was yakking on her cell all while this was going on. As she got out, I tried to be polite, but it was just not in me. I explained to her if she spent half as much time paying attention to what she was doing as she did exercising her pie hole on the phone, this situation might not have happened. Of course, from her point of view, it was all my fault because I opened my door, never mind the fact my door was already opened when she pulled into the parking slots. It was real close my friends.