View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael
I like it but I think you should pick up a black paint marker and coat the raised lettering.
yeah, i have some black Fuzion paint (from doing my gauge cups from shiny black to matte black to match the dash - why i originally went to buy the stuff in the first place) that i plan on doing the oil dipstick and cap with. i'll spray some in a lid and use an artist brush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast
Becarful with the paint. I did that and on 99.9% it came out great but on some of my things near the engine start to bubble up. But if you don't mind sanding and painting before every show, go right ahead. Mine looks great, I hope yours comes out too.
no sanding necessary - the Fuzion paint is specially made to actually bond with the plastic. you can paint outdoor plastic chairs with it, etc. i did wipe the caps down with some rubbing alchohol before painting, though, to remove any oil or dirt. another benefit is that the plastic isn't as "textured" with the layer of paint on (especially the oil filler cap) - much easier to clean now.

this does look much cooler on an STi, with its red intake and intercooler lettering. still, its easy and only costs you $3 for the can of paint. here's a pic from the thread where i got the idea:

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)