View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Really Senior Member

WOW! You guys really took some great pictures.
Received my NIKON D200 with the 18-200mm VR lens yesterday. It'll probably take me forever to learn every feature because it is loaded with Menus and sub menus. Anyway, if anyone reading this has any advise on the NIKON DSLR line (D50, D70, D100, D200, D2X etc) please let me know.

As for Mr. Pockets comments regarding SONY's previous introductions....I checked one of the reviews and the new Alpha camera will take CF cards as well as SONY proprietary cards via an adapter for the SONY card. Also, the price point is $999. , not too shabby. The camera has built in image stabilization, too and, as I said before, it has the same 10Mp CCD as in the NIKON D200. It also has a feature that instantly starts to focus as soon as you hold it up to your eye. I am not a big SONY fan either but at least it appears they are trying.

I didn't go for it because I really wanted a NIKON and the D200 has other features that looked more interesting. The D200 has been out since late 2005 and it has received excellent reviews. It was between the D200 and the Canon 30D.

Sold 92 Pearlie in 2002 and 96 Polo in 2009, both to Earl Steele. Currently driving 2004 Acura TL