Thread: No more Hate
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2003, 05:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
The first time that I test drove the SVX was a used 95-or 96 SVX sitting on the dealer's lot. We had just bought a '96 Legacy Outbackwagon. We were always a 2 car family and always had a 'big' car and a 'sporty' car. Now we had a wagon. When I drove the SVX, it reminded me of my '84 Supra and I "Got the Feeling" as Dan Gurney used to say in the ads.

When we got back to the dealership both Rosie and I knew we wanted an SVX. We looked at the brochure, picked the burgundy (ok-Bordeaux Pearl) color and instructed the salesman to hunt for a new one through the Subaru dealer network. It took about a month but they found one in MD. That's how we found SUBYDOO. Neither Rosie or I have ever regretted the decision to get an SVX . That's the short version of the first SVX.

After seeing Aredub's car at Reading I, I knew that I wanted a pearlie. I also knew that I wanted a '94 as opposed to a '92. I searched unsucessfully for a '94 pearly for a long time. I looked at many. None of them "sang to me or pulled at my heart strings. " When went to Welsh Subaru and saw the '92 I instantly knew that I wanted this SVX. It "sang to me...and still does." That is how I got SVXY

A year after buying SVXY, I was thumbing thru the Phila. Inquirer newspaper auto ads and noticed a '94 SVX for sale. I called Jim (the owner) and was surprised twhen he told me it was a pearly, so Iwent to see and drive the car. This SVX was almost perfect, but I wasn't turned on by it. For some reason Rosie kept bugging me about it so we both went to see Jim and drive his SVX again. Rosie went 'Ga Ga" over this car and she had to have it. It "sang to her." She was my biggest stumbling block in my negotiations with Jim. Jim had to sell th eSVX because he wanted to keep his Chrysler-Maserati. That car was also in wibeautiful condition. So that's how we got PEARLY, and why it is Rosie's.

That's the story of our three SVXes.

PS: I only need 3 more to have one of every model year and I like the blue, the silver and the '93 red.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!