Thread: Vonage
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
I have Vonage Business Service. I have a Voice Line, A fax line and a Softphone PC line. The Softphone is awesome. I can use the bluetooth headset I have through my computer anywhere there is Internet access.

I have never had an issue with call quality. If you have the Linksys router, you can control bandwidth to the LAN allowing you to keep clarity with any downloads.

I'm saving a ton over SBC's business service and I get all the cool stuff. Web voice mail retrieval, called ID, forwarding, call waiting, nationwide calling. All the stuff I couldn't afford with SBC.

Doug
??? I didn't see where I could control bandwidth to the LAN. Besides, I have it behind my firewall and not inbetween it and the internet router. That linksys is retarded, it won't pickup the static ip from the cable modem company so I statically assigned one to it. Then I had to open the ports on my firewall and direct traffic to the linksys, but Vonage didn't list all the ports needed to make a return connection. Sure it would authenticate fine, but I'm sure there's a few more ports other than:

DNS
TFTP
RTP
NTP
SIP

to complete the connection.

So eventually I just restricted access and threw it on my DMZ and left it there.

Last edited by Noir; 03-22-2005 at 12:45 PM.