View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 12:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Re: Hopefully not my last Reading but if this keeps up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
I agree that the friendships that I have made through this amazing care are one of the best benifits. I also see many types of owners which are as varied as the cars themselves. They go from the young owner who has one that is a bit rough, but bursts with pride that they have one at all. It may not be the best, but it puts them in that ownership class that they are so proud of and they want to make it into the best one that they can. Then there are others, young and old that have one, love it, drive it, and don't really care it it is waxed, washed, or missing a few pieces. Then there are the others who want to bring any of them up to the best condition that they can, whether it was a project car, or one of the best in condition. Owners come in all of these different types and that will always make the condition varied in any group.

One of the most fun type of meet that I have been involved in the past years are maintenance meets. Not majoy rebuilds, but belts, lights, brakes, rotors, wiper blades, and other things that can be tackled over a few hours. The members want to fix some of the little things, but don't know how to do it. A couple of the other that do, help them out and the pride that they come away with is amazing! I am sure most members know the good feeling that they have after getting a light fixed on the dash or overhead buttons can make a big difference in the driving experience. It is the thing that you know is wrong, but don't know where to find the bulb or how to install it. You still get the great meet with friends, but get something accomplished as well.

When I look at a SVX, it is really hard to remember that it is an eighteen year old car. Yes, they wear out, but when you look at a group of them, it is also hard to believe that most of them are 150,000 to 250,000 mile cars still going and are still reliable.

Just another thought about this great car and the friends that come with it. I am very proud to be a part of this special group which has added so much to my life.
Which has added so much to my life." Earl, I hate to correct your English, but it should read 'added so many (SVXes) to my lfe.'

Missed you!
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!