View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Hopefully not my last Reading but if this keeps up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Ben-

I noticed this last year. Some cars which I remember as once being prime examples were now in very rough shape. It was depressing to say the least.

I remember at my first reading, every single car there was in gorgeous condition.
You and your analitly should be glad you weren't here this year. I too have noticed the same decline over the years which is to be somewhat expected. It is the lack of seeing cars which are in the process of going the other way that concerns me. Seriously I'm making these statements to be offensive but in my mind if I only had $500 in the budget I'd spend it on my car rather than a weekend in Reading unless I was new to the scene and needed to get help, parts, etc.

I actually felt horrible taking my TVR to the annual TVR meet in Philly last September. I tried to not even park it on the show field in fact! Mine was by far the ugliest and roughest car there out of the 20-25 that were there. I needed to have some assistance though on running wires, etc that having it there made it so much easier. Again its a marque which is just as value challenged. The most valuable TVR Griffiths which will give a AC Cobra 289 fits in speed and kills it in handling tops out at less than $50k for a concours example. It is all about pride.