View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 07:19 PM

Re: Front Dif issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapani View Post
Does the sound come once per tire rev? It can be many things - brakes, inner/outer CVs, wheel bearing.... Change the oil and look for metal. You can actually see the ring gear teeth thru the level plug.... Small flash light will help. Kind regards, Tapani
The sound does not seem in sync with tire rotation, and it makes a "flappa-flappa" kind of noise (but starts out as a thunk) that seems to speed up with the engine. Also, there is another noise going on at the same time that sounds(low level noise) like chains grating or being dragged across a metal deck. Sometimes the noise sounds like it's coming from the rear. Now along with these two noises, there is a thunk or knock, especially when just starting out or coming to a stop. Just before coming to a stop there is a big thunk or two which feels like gears dropping in to mesh. I did drive it close to 50 mph but then I started to smell something like hot or burning fluid, so I reduced speed to 35-40. Sometimes it feels like a cv and other times it feels like a van I once had that had a warped drive shaft Oh, and one more thing! At one point when I was driving, the speedometer seem to go haywire (when driving close to 50) but later it seemed to perform correctly when I approached that speed. Engine seems smooth, Sounds Kewul, and the muffler and pipes sound awesome at speed, and barely noticeable at idle. Umma Luva My Car