View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Re: THE accident!!

Quote:
Originally posted by hotshoe50
Hi,

Really glad to hear that you are alright given that it sounds like a pretty severe accident.

I am only writing this at all because we should learn a lesson or two from your experience. I think this may sound unsympathetic but its more directed at a couple of things that you said.

First: As a 17 year old, you obviously have very limited experience driving, let alone a powerful 230hp car. Your panic reaction easily attests to that: panic is the last thing that should ever happen regardless of the circumstances.

You should always be in control and control also means ready and able to respond to the unexpected ( very defensive driving). I've said it before in this forum , but EVERBODY shound take a high performance / defensive driving course: includes me and I have!

Hotshoe
umm, for the most part, you CAN'T take a defensive driving course, OR a high performance course until you are 18... they just don't let you in. (I would think for insurance reasons and such) so sometimes you may want to, but not have the money to take the class. I'm 16 and while I may have less experience, I think you can't really get around that... Plus, hes obviously mature enough to not want a camaro or mustang, that counts for something right??

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker