View Single Post
Old 12-17-2002, 06:42 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally posted by Outback2.5HO
Subafreak,

Does your Loyale have a dual range tranny from a 85-89 car or is it the push button unit? Also, are all of the miles on your engine on the 1st engine without a rebuild? If so, that's pretty impressive. Most of the EA82s go for about 200-250k before needing a rebuild or replacement. Have definately seen GLs/Loyales that have gone 400-500k, but usually on the 2nd engine by then.
Yes the tranny is a dual range w/3.90s , and no the mileage dosn't match anything on the car. It's made up of three cars, the body I bought for for $50 was a roll over little damage but no rot, the drivetrain and suspesion came out of a rot box I bought for $400 and the motor came out of a car i bought for $100, all said and done it took about 1week and a total of $1000 for the car as it is now. But need more power. Did Legacys in Aus. really have dual range trannys? any way I think and I have been told that the 85-89 dual range transfer case will bolt up to the newer trannys something you might want to try, cheaper than an Aus. tranny I'm shure.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!