Thread: power window
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 03:23 AM
The Molinator

TIGHTEN THIS!

After you get the clippy in place, you can tighten the cable by unlocking the adjustment locknut (on top of motor, toward front of car, where cable is going up), then turning (long hexagonal) adjustment nut until cable slack is taken up (or until adjustment nut will tighten no more [mine wouldn't tighten totally]). Retighten locknut, then cable should be less likely to come off or to cause thumping. Also, there is a small rubber stopper at bottom of door where bottom edge of door glass rests when window is down. Mine was very funky! You can probably fabricate from other rubber part (new or old) laying around, so you don't have to order it (glue with contact or weatherstripping type cements). These repairs worked good for me. Hope this helps!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 01-25-2004 at 03:28 AM.