View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
Aredubjay wrote up the History of Reading a while back and I posted it in the How-To Docs under SVX Information HERE. I thought it would be interesting to some of the new members who may be interested in the meet as well as others who have been here a while, but don't know the history of it.
Earl, thank you for "stickying" the history. As you can see, the meet is very near and dear to my heart. Why else would I spend 12 hours on the road, just to spend a couple of nights at a Holiday Inn, only to spend 12 more hours home.

My co-workers think I'm a freak! "Oh, you're going to THAT thing again," they'll say.

As we've learned, it ain't about the cars, it's about the folks. It'll be the only time all year I'll have a chance to see some of the friends I've made online, to reconnect with those I met at Reading I, and to see what kind of crazies we've drawn into the fold.

Okay...I'd said, in another thread, I wasn't too excited about coming this year BUT, now that I've read my own words, I'm stoked.

Looking forward to seeing Unkel Worn, Larry, Nubs, Olu, Harry, Jerry, John, Alan (if he shows up this year), Tom & Di and Nick and Hoots, and Mike, and benebob and Kelli and Tom and Johnny and Mitzi and Bobby, Subafreak, Chad-- I mean Todd , and...I hate to leave anybody out, but, I can't go on forever -- you know who you are.

Gosh, I'm gettin' all misty. AND, I'm looking forward to meeting NEW folks, even though the new folks have no idea who I am, since I haven't been able to be as active as I once was.

See y'all Friday. Save me a cold Yuengling!

First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by svxcess; 07-04-2018 at 07:54 PM.