View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 11:29 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Twin Turbo EG33 Build - cozykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by halistan View Post
Looks absolutely stunning. You have one of the best interiors on the club now, i'm certain. My only concern is the steering wheel. It looks like he put the new material over the old leather instead of removing it first. Is that how you wanted it done?
Thank you for the compliments. You are right about the steering wheel. I wanted it striped down completely but he did it for free, soo... its fine for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billsy View Post
12 pages in and im left wondering... any updates to this build?
Yes, I'm just terrible at it. I've been posting to my instagram account and facebook but hadn't uploaded to photobucket and thus here.

Soo here are my general updates (as the engine is ready):
- Bought a DeltaSpeed 21st Anniversary bumper:

- Refinished the engine bay and had it cleared in DiamondFinish Clear for durability. This meant removing everything from the engine bay. I had some damage from battery corrosion that I wanted repaired and I finally found a paint shop that would take non-insurance work. I'm currently inspecting all the wiring and replacing broken/corroded wires.

- Pulled front suspension, recoated, and replaced bushings. Finally finished the engine mounts as well.

- Had steering rack rebuilt (had a leak) and replaced a steering rack:

- Started preparing for transmission swap. Nate happened to be visiting so with his encouragement and help, he and Matt pulled the 6 speed from my wrecked '05 STI. I've been preparing for the install by ordering some replacement parts and waiting on a spare SVX gas pedal to weld up my manual pedal assembly.

Next Steps:
- Complete wiring harness check and repairs. Waiting on some wiring to arrive to complete.
- Weld manual pedal assembly and perform any other prep work needed for 6 speed install (including how I install the clutch master cylinder)
- Install 6 speed (when Nate comes back down), update transmission wiring
- Decide if I really want to keep my ABS as I reinstall brake lines
- Install engine. (OMG finally!)
- Put front-end back together
- Have windshield wiper tank, coolant tank, etc combined similar to what killerb makes for the wrx in order to make more room for piping for turbo

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram

Last edited by cozykat; 03-23-2016 at 11:35 PM.