View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Leaks And Prices Causin Havoc, Need Advice.

I got 2 leaks one in the lp p/s return hose and one from the valve cover gaskets, plus i need a new p/s pump the noise is killin me!. Hose wasen't a problem but, Everyone is askin 355$! for the pump its killin me, anyone know were i can get it cheaper, maybe an acdelco or a1 pump, or a private seller willing?.

Plus the other problem im havin is 1 dealer is tellin me thier are 3 valve cover gaskets on each side, plus i need new bolts and he's chargin me 13$ each 4 the gaskets plus 3$ each for the bolts theirs like 4 sets of them or somethin he says gettin 2 is riskin containin the leak....total thier with shippin was 125, thier from a subaru dealership, and claim theyve worked on it.
Meanwhile the other dealer is tellin me he knows that 2 valve cover gaskets will be enough to stop the leak, and 2 sets of bolts will be enough, makin me save, total their with shippin was 80 what should i do, and who should i trust here? anyone worked on these issues or know exactly whats best here? need this done asap. Would appreciate some help thanks.