Thread: Need opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Need opinions

Okay.......Where to start. I am in the process of acquiring a 1995 Polo green SVX, so long as everything goes as planned. It has below 70k on the clock and a fair amount of extra goodies (modifications ex: PWR radaitor). The question isn't if I am buying this car but rather what to do with my current SVX. I do love my 94 FWD, the original plan was to give it to my mother to drive but she instead is going to drive my brothers 2003 Mercury sable (don't ask me why ).I guess she didn't want to abide by some of rules of receiving the car (No smoking in it mainly).

Now I have done a fair amount of work on my 190k 94, to include: Idle pulleys, radiator(x2), timing belt, Thermostat (working on #3 to be replaced soon), Master brake cylinder, Coil #5 (Driver side, closest to driver,o the joy), Transmission and front diff, cam seals, valve covers, O2 sensor, and Rear main seal. That is all I can think of for the moment :/, sure some of OT blood is in there somewhere.

I am not sure what I should do, give me a suggestion folks. I do not want dismantle a working SVX (even if its FWD). I don't believe anyone would be interested in purchasing a FWD/high mileage SVX.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles