View Single Post
Old 11-12-2002, 08:12 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
That's a very sad story to hear. I'm seriously thinking that there are extremely few good SVX's left in Canada.

Unfortunately, I knew the previous owner of that SVX. He would always be out cruising on sunday nights on Portage Ave. He definately did not appreciate the car at all and I remember him at one point saying he was going to trade it in and get himself a Mustang.

When he owned the car he had to put in another transmission, he also destroyed the front differential (he got stuck in some mud) and practically every body panel was keyed. He was jealous of my SVX because his was burning oil.

As for Frontier Subaru...they started business in 1998 (the year after the last SVX). I doubt their mechanics know much at all about the SVX and I think they used that one as training to learn how to work on them. I believe that it is their fault as to why the engine did what it did.

The best place in Winnipeg for anything Subaru is still Marion Motors. They are no longer a Subaru dealership but their mechanics have been around since before the SVX was introduced. One mechanic even claims to have replaced 4EAT clutch packs and installed shift kits.

Were the wheels stolen when the car was at the dealership? I drive by there every day as I live 2 blocks away.

If you still have the car see what Marion Motors thinks could be wrong with it.

Another question...did they ever say why there were holes cut in the A-pillers?