View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Porter

Sizing is based on interpolation (including vehicle weight and distribution) from what has worked VERY well for me over years of suspension setups on various Subarus.

The SVX has exactly the same suspension design and therefore the same handling characteristics as every other Subaru. It also shares the same weaknesses.

Bias between the front and rear bars is really a preference issue, but the front bar should always be larger than (or at least equal to) the rear bar.

Best results on road and track with the Subarus I have tuned have been gained through very aggressive front bar sizing, and moderate rear bar to complement.

I will go into very specific detail if you would like, preferably offline.

I have a customer turning 1:40 lap times on Road Atlanta in an STi with no power modifications whatsoever, and stock tires. He routinely embarasses Vipers and other exotics there, primarily due to his insane cornering speeds.

Oh, and I'll get some info on the brake setup for you guys. It's from TWR. I can also get Stoptech to cut custom sets of their kit for us, I've discussed it with them on several occasions.

Last edited by Porter; 03-17-2004 at 09:10 PM.