View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Update:

And the envelope please: we have a grand total of approx. $1200. Her you know what is mine now! Okay, here's how the story goes, and it's kinda long.

Sunday: I was still mad. So the first thing I did was go out to see if there was anymore damage. Sure enough, the fender is dented and chipped, a bumper mount (or whatever) is bent, so there is a couple of mm gap between the bumper and fender, and, for some strange reason, glass particles inside of both headlights. I have no idea how that happened, but it wasn't like that before. I ended trying to cheer myself up by going to WalMart to get some stuff for my injured baby, Armor All, Rain-X, etc... It didn't work, guess who just happened to be there. On the way back, I ran into a cop that is a friend of mine, someone whose opinion I trust. He pretty much reiterated what the accident officer had said, he just made it clearer. Yes, at $1K, a report must be filed, but an officer can do one for any accident. Thanks for serving, officer. Oh well. He told me just to let my insurance handle it, we have good people that wouldn't let us down. He also warned me about my plate covers...again.

Monday: Still mad, duh. So, I was off to work, and my wife was going to take the car to the body shop. Originally, the guy didn't want us to worry about the headlights, because without them, it would be under $1K, and would not qualify for a CarFax report. I told him that I don't plan on ever getting rid of the car unless it's totaled, so I didn't care about that. When my wife got home, she first called our insurance company to let them know. They said if we couldn't work it out with the woman, let them know and they'd go after her and her insurance. So then she called the PD to start the process of a report. They said we had to call the woman and set up an appointment. Thanks again, officers. So, my wife calls, and the woman is her same lovely self. She tells my wife that she's not doing any report, that she wants 3 estimates, and she wants her redneck mechanic to do the work because he can do it for about 1/4 of that price. Yeah, right. My wife calls our insurance back to find out what to do in this situation. They tell us not to worry, they'll take care of it. We have the right to choose any shop we want, and if she fails to show for the report, she'll be summonsed. Good enough for me, that'll just make my case better. Well, the woman must have had the same idea as my wife. No sooner than my wife hung up the phone, she calls back, sweet as can be, insurance info ready, pleading for us to go to a cheaper shop. Sorry, no deal. My car desrves the best.

So, tomorrow, my insurance is gonna call her insurance and get everything squared, including my rental (yeah, I know I have a spare car, but they don't ). The only thing I'm not going to have the shop do is the corner lense. I'm gonna spring for the extra myself and pick up a set of clear corners from Dayle. And hopefully, I can get it all done before the Tri-State meet.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)