View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Registered SVX
Hiya,

I learned not to be lazy cleaning your car the hard way 3 years ago.

I imported a modded Skyline R33 Gtr from Japan and sent it to a good local valet shop for the full works, I had used them a few times and they had always done a fantastic job.

I got a call 4 hours later from Paul the owner expecting the car to be done but was told they could not get it to start. hmmm strange I thought it had not been a problem.
Cut a long storey short 1 of the deadheads had washed off the engine bay with the car running, pressure washed the HKS intakes!!! which had sucked water into the turbo's & engine and then to top it off blasted the ecu sender unit blowing it completly plus the HKS after market ECU & boost controller link unit & the Defi gauge sender unit.

After a few legal letters a court summons and 9 weeks hassle there insurers agreed to pay the £4600 bill to put the car right.

The valet shop told me they didnt want my business again! as if I was gonna be going back, made me laugh though

Darren

11/94 SVX Alcyone, Mica Black, VL Spec 4WS, 71K Miles, 1 owner from new & was part of a private car collection in Japan.

Nissan R34 Skyline Stagea

91 Lotus Elan SE Turbo

1966 MGB Roadster, Tarten Red, Wire Wheels, Leather, 23K miles from new

You can tell the men from the boys from the speed of their toys.