View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sperry
nd I bet it's too close to the trunk lid to really have good enough flow to act as in inverted airfoil.
From what I can tell, the factory spoiler is actually directly in the airstream coming from the sides of the rear windshield and over the car. If you ever drive with some fresh snow on the car, look at the wind pattern it maps out..youll see two vorticies at even 1/3 points across the leading edge of the spoiler (Most spoiler chips mark this as well) Keep in mind the car's areodnamics were designed without a spoiler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sperry
ake a look at the massive STi spoiler or the Spec-C wing (or actual race cars for that matter)... that's what a wing needs to look like for it to be downforce functional
Actually, the sti spoiler creats 12 pounds of LIFT after 90 mph
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownforceTom
everyone knows wings & stickers add tons of horsepower. look at mine, thats good for about 80+.
Bwahahaha!!! dude, youll fit right in here (Even if your wing doesnt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
The trunk lid is obviously designed for this purpose. The wingy thingy will have been "engineered" by the sales department.
Ditto. This is the simplified version of what I was thinking. My vote: Give yourself a provisional period of winglessness. Handy hint of the day...the hols for the spoiler are outside the trunk jamb's weather stripping...so removing the spoiler will NOT result in trunk leaks..though you will want to do something about the holes if you decide to chuck the wing for good
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 03-28-2007 at 08:37 PM.