View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: SVX Carbon fiber hood and trunks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
Having swapped my trunk on and off about 4 times in the last month I would guess it weighs around 35ish lbs with no spoiler or struts... I can get a scale and a an exact reading later tonight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksubie View Post
I do not care about fuel economy one iota in this car.. If I did I would have kept it pretty much stock... Also, only idiots race red light to red light.
Only once I have seen a carbon fibre hood for a Subaru WRX, I picked it up and it weighed around 10 lbs. I guess if we convert the SVX trunk to CF, it should weigh maximum around 13 lbs which is excellent in my opinion.

Concerning the looks, one can always paint it black not to look so ricey especially on the SVX.

But I guess you will might all loose the "spoiler" privilege, since its weight and the pressure cause by air flow might crack it with time (I might be wrong here, sorry no experience with that material before...).

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.