View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 04:48 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
SVX prototype brochure

I have just bought a Subaru brochure from a guy in Belgium. This shows the SVX in pre-launch format when it was a show prototype for the 28th Tokyo show in 1989.

It also lists features that never made it to the road car, such as hydraulically adjustable suspension and voice activated on-board controls.

As against that, the interior is probably 90% plus the car as we now know it.

When I get time to scan it I will post pictures, they are very clear. Interestingly the four wheel arches are a good deal wider than the finished product. Tyre size is 245/50/16.

The 1989 Tokyo Show has a link here: http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/eng/s...istory_28.html

The silver car in the top picture is another prototype from the Subaru brochure. It's called the Caspita. In the background you can see the engine. It is a Subaru flat 12 of 3.5 litres, having 5 valves per cylinder. I'm wondering if it would fit in the SVX? This car never made production SFAIK, probably the Honda NSX stole its thunder.

That's a pity, because it is prettier and more interesting than the NSX.

Even more interesting still is the SRD 1 design study from California. SRD 1 It runs on SVX engine and mechanicals, has four doors and an estate car/station wagon body with lots of glass . That would be a nice car to own.

I'll do some scans tonight.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 11-19-2008 at 05:15 AM.