Thread: Turbo Update
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 02:04 PM

Conclusions?

Wasn't able to get any more runs in yesterday, but I think I have figured out a few things regarding my setup.

For one thing, I believe the extra sensing on the engine has allowed me to identify one of the issues I was having before, with the engine bogging at high RPM. This seemed like the same event I experienced at super high EGTs. I was running about 5 psi this time.

This leads me to believe that the events I am seeing on the knock sensor may just be valve noise due to high rpm and may not actually constitute predetonation events. LAN's incredibly high timing may be correct afterall. The engine needs more timing to keep from burning up. I am going to live more dangerously, raise the timing up and knock sensor sensitivty down.

There are a few more modifications that I would like to do before taking the car to a Dyno. For one thing, I would like to move my battery and my Tec to allow for FMIC piping to be installed. This will require some rewireing. While I'm at it I would like to fab up a very comprehensive engine grounding system. I may go ahead and purchase an aftermarket PWR radiator to prevent overheating. I don't want to be stopped dead on a dyno because of a radiator problem. Prior to dynoing I would like to install the FMIC and change to an external wastegate and 3" exhaust to my existing dual magnaflow exhaust. I think that I will be ready to dyno tune at that point, with a setup that I can live with for a while.

Like I said before, the car runs super great at low load. Very drivable. No stalling etc. The Level 10 tranny shifts supurbly if not a little shocking. I purchased some new tires this weekend for her. Falken Z512 V-rated. I still run stock rims if you can believe it. Feels really good with the Koni/GC setup (which is finally broken in). Its nice to drive the SVX again. Anyone want a WRX?