Thread: Turbo Update
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 06:11 PM

Turbo Update

Well I don't think that my gasket is shot, yet. I did a major flush again of my motor and my radiator. I think that there was something blocking flow in the radiator. After doing a reverse flush all seems well. I'm running the 160 degree thermostat and my WRX radiator cap. 25% antifreeze is all I'll need if Florida.

Finally got the idle and fuel stabilized today. Also managed some warm up pulls today. The car pulls hard. My tires are crap so shifting to 2nd gear was a bit scary as my tail scooted around a bit. I'm still only running partial throttle and partial boost. Maybe about 2 or 3 psi. EGTs got a little high, just above 800 C, but nothing to worry about. Some minor knock events, but the knock sensor did its job and reduced the timing. I'm just about ready for the dyno. I would like to have a smoker vacuum leak check done first. I would also like to up the boost to about 5 psi and street tune a bit more. The car runs rich, but right now I'm satified, as it will keep me out of trouble with the detonation monster.

Thanks for everyones help diagnosing the different problems I have had. Hopefully I will get a finished product here real soon. It's been a long road.