View Single Post
Old 03-14-2006, 06:37 AM

Maybe it's different in other areas, but I've had no trouble getting anything I've needed, in a timely manner, from the local chains. I've snagged accessory and timing belts, air, oil, and fuel filters, hoses, a thermostat, a water pump, an AC filter/dryer, transmission gasket & filter sets, an ECU coolant temp sensor, and a rear wheel bearing & seal set, personally or by way of my mechanic, from either O'Reilly's or NAPA. The accessory belts and one radiator hose were in-stock; the remainder was on the counter by lunchtime the next day. O'Reilly's even had the coolant temp sensor's Subaru part number cross-referenced in its system. By contrast, the only stuff that comes to mind that one of those outfits DIDN'T have was an OEM antenna mast, intake cover fastener pins, side marker light bulb sockets, a replacement "campaign" ATF filter, and a one-piece crank pulley. (O'Reilly's gave me a quote on an OEM crank pulley that bested the nearest Subaru dealer, but the one-piece was cheaper still.)

dcb